Guided Holy for the 25th of March 2018, anniversary of religious profession


Our Lady sketched by Sr. M. Paul, pddm (RIP)

Celebrating ‘YES’ to God’s call
25th of March 2018
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
Opening hymn: Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest (x2)
Lord, we lift up your name, with our hearts full of praise. Be exalted O Lord, our God, Hosanna in the highest.
Glory, glory, glory in the highest (x2) Lord, we lift up your name, with our hearts full of praise. Be exalted O Lord, our God, glory in the highest
Introduction: The first word of the angel to Mary was Rejoice. And the feast of Annunciation is, first of all, a feast of quiet heavenly joy—joy over reconciliation with God, joy over the return of grace to earth. Annunciation is also a feast of triumph of humility, purity and chastity, a feast of unshakable faith in the power of God and in His unlimited love toward us his children. Pope Francis once summed up the Annunciation like this: “God surprises us, God asks us to be faithful and God is our strength.” Yes, God surprised Mary, but despite this she was able to say, “Here I am, the servant of the Lord, be it done onto me according to your word”.


From the letters of Mother Scholastica Rivata, pddm:

Reader 1: “The Lord prepares us always for new graces, therefore our gratitude should increase all the more each day. This gratitude is never expressed better than with a faithful correspondence to all his gifts, with the attitude of welcoming always what he sends us and profit from them in order to multiply the merits and the crown.”
 

Reader 2:“Always enkindle in your heart the spirit of faith which will make you see God in everything and to take delight in all that He wants. Spirit of prayer and recollection that will always keep you in his presence and enjoy his sweet union and intimacy. Spirit of charity that will make you intensely love God and His glory, notwithstanding the sacrifices; love is never free from sacrifice; spirit of charity that makes you love all creatures in God, therefore all souls without exception. Spirit of humility that makes you recognize the truth in all things; who God really is, and who you really are.”


Brief silence



Invocations to Jesus the Divine Master
Refrain: I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, fear not, from hear I will enlighten you (after each 3)

●Jesus Master, sanctify my mind and increase my faith.
Jesus, teaching in the Church, draw everyone to your school.
Jesus Master, deliver me from error, from vain thoughts, and from eternal darkness. R/
 ●Jesus, Way between the Father and us, I offer you all and await all from you.
Jesus, Way of sanctity, make me your faithful imitator.
Jesus Way, render me perfect as the Father who is in heaven. R/
 
●Jesus Life, live in me, so that I may live in you.
Jesus Life, do not permit me to separate myself from you.
Jesus Life, grant that I may live eternally in the joy of your love. R/
 
●Jesus Truth, may I be, light for the world.
Jesus Way, may I be example and model for souls.
Jesus Life, may my presence bring grace and consolation everywhere. R/


 Reading of the Gospel : The Annunciation – From the Gospel according to St. Luke

Reader 1 “At that time, the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin, wife of a man in the house of David, called Joseph. The virgin was called Mary. Entering into the house, the angel said: “Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!" At these words she was troubled and wondered what meaning this greeting had.

Refrain in song: Nothing can trouble, nothing can frighten, those who seek God shall never go wanting. Nothing can trouble, nothing can frighten. God alone fills us.

Reader 2: “The angel said to her: "Do not be afraid, Mary, because you have found favour with God. You will conceive a child, give birth to him and call him Jesus: He will be great and called Son of the Most High, the Lord God will give him the throne of David his ancestor and he will reign forever on the house of Jacob and his kingdom will have no end ".
Refrain: Nothing can trouble....

Reader 1: Then Mary said to the angel: "How is it possible? I do not know man". The angel answered her: "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you: the one who will be born will be holy and called the Son of God. See: even your kinswoman Elizabeth, in her old age she conceived a child and this is the sixth month for her that everyone said sterile, for nothing is impossible to God ". Refrain: Nothing can trouble...

Reader 3: “You have heard, virgin, that you will conceive and give birth to a son; you have heard that this will not be done by a man, but by the work of the Holy Spirit. The angel waits for the answer: he must return to God who sent him. Let us wait, oh Lady, for a word of mercy, too; we were all created in the eternal Word of God, but now we are subject to death: with your short answer we can be renewed and recalled to life. (St. Bernard).
Refrain in song:  Ave, ave, ave Maria (x2)

Reader 3 “The whole world is waiting, prostrate to their knees; from your mouth depends the consolation of the miserable, the redemption of the prisoners, the liberation of the condemned, the salvation of all the sons of Adam. O Virgin, give soon your answer: answer your word and welcome the Word, make your word pass and receive the eternal Word. (St. Bernard) Refrain:  Ave, ave, ave Maria (x2)

Reader 3: “Open, Blessed Virgin, your heart to Faith, your lips to assent, your womb to the Creator. Behold, the desired of all nations, knocks on your door. Get up, up, open, run!
Raise with faith, open with your consent!” (St. Bernard)

Reader 1: Then Mary said: "Here I am, the servant of the Lord take what you have said to me." And the angel left her.  Refrain in song: “Here I am Lord, it is I, Lord, I have heard you calling in the night. I will go Lord, if you lead me, I will hold your people in my heart.

Brief silence

Reflection/homily 

Guide: As religious sisters, we often reflect on the life of Mary so as to imitate her. In our Congregation, all of us in religious profession receive the name ‘Mary’ so that we are constantly reminded that we have Mary as our model in all things. At the time of Profession we take a leap in faith, just as Mary did! Mary had to let go of her plans and say “Yes” to a life of faith. In spite of her awareness of her own unworthiness and littleness, she had to say “Yes” to become the mother of God and also all that it would entail. Mary’s “Yes” was to culminate at the foot of the cross. She understood well that she would never completely understand! Even in her limited understanding, she trusted in God and said “Yes” to God's plan. We give our ‘yes’ once more to the Divine Master, as we renew our vows, on this special day.

“In praise and glory of the Most Holy Trinity, who consecrated me in Baptism and now calls me to follow more closely Jesus Master, Way, Truth and Life, as his disciple, I offer myself totally to God. In full liberty, I renew my vows of chastity, poverty and obedience according to the Rule of Life of the Disciples of the Divine Master. In communion with my sisters, I commit myself to live, in the Church, the charism of Fr. James Alberione, at the service of the Eucharist, the Priesthood and the Liturgy, for the coming of the Kingdom of God in the world. I entrust myself to the intercession of Mary, Queen of the Apostles, of St. Paul the Apostle and to the prayer of my sisters. May God bring to fulfilment the work he has begin in me. Amen.”

Refrain: “Lord, you are enough, you are enough for me. Lord you are enough, you are enough for me.


Joyful Mystery- The Annunciation- Hail Mary’s prayed in the different languages


Followed by Solemn Evening Prayer II of Palm Sunday







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just to say 'thank you' (Sr. Louise's words of thanksgiving for the celebration of her Perpetual Profession)

Holy Hour of Thanksgiving for our Silver Jubilee of presence in Dublin.

The Icon of Friendship